[imp] Re: Upgrade on FreeBSD -- help!

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Mon Apr 14 02:24:01 PDT 2003

On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 gb at west-third.com wrote:

> Honestly, I'm stumped on this one. Running test.php from Horde says my Pear
> isn't up to date. However, none of the following work:
>
> * Install the horde-provided (from their Web site) PEAR package into
> /usr/local/lib/PHP/PEAR and/or PHP_dist/PEAR
>
> * Install the FreeBSD most-current port of PEAR into the same directories
>
> Ugh... ok, I'm ready to pay someone to fix this.

'K, on our servers, we install mod_php4, and then any other PEAR modules
as required straight out of ports ...

In the case of the error below, you want to do:

cd /usr/ports/security/pear-Crypt_CBC; make install

hub> ls -ld */pear*Crypt*
drwxr-xr-x  6 root  wheel  512 Feb 20 03:11 security/pear-Crypt_CBC
hub> grep HCE security/pear-Crypt_CBC/pkg-plist
%%PEARDIR%%/Crypt/HCEMD5.php
hub>