[imp] signatures: past and now

Mark Worsdall imp at worsdall.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 16 01:07:45 PDT 2003

Hi All,

In the old IMP I had a little perl script that would stick into all our
users, IMP mysql table, a standard signature. The script basically
created a .sig file in the users root folder, created a ln -s to the
Eudora's signature file to the .sig file and then the signature text is
updated in the mysql horde table.

Obviously I have to change the program, but on writing a signature with
IMP and then looking at the horde tables I got confused.

select * from horde_prefs; gives me:-

The pref_uid is easy enough user at ourmail.domain.com

pref_scope - should this be imp or horde?

pref_name - what should this be? identities or default_identity

pref_value - is this where the signature should go? but in what form?

OR

can I get IMP to somehow append the file .sig from the users home
directory?

M.
--
Mark Worsdall