[imp] IMP through proxies

Alan J. Cooper alan at ednet.co.uk
Thu Apr 17 14:03:28 PDT 2003

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von "Alan J. Cooper" <alan at ednet.co.uk>:
>
> > Many users of my webmail system are reporting they are having difficulty
> > accesing the system.
>
> Should we read your user minds? How about giving us a proper error
> description if you want us to help you?

Apologies - was at the end of a long shift.

For many users pages simply timeout - this doesn'tseemto be the 60
second timeout from the system due to slow lines or large imap folders as
the users are mainly on high speed link and often with smallmailboxes.

Yet, users report being able to login on 3 or 4th attempt, work fine
briefly then have another timeout. Concurrently another user can be
working fine.

---
Alan J. Cooper
edNET