[imp] suse emailserver2

lst_hoe at kwsoft.de lst_hoe at kwsoft.de
Fri Apr 18 14:01:38 PDT 2003

Zitat von crane at ukonline.co.uk:

> hello,
> I am using suse emailserver2.
> I like it very much, unfortunately I do not think
> that it is supported anymore.
> And so although I am quite ignorant of the linux internals
> I am considering "rolling my own"
>
> my question would be to somebody who is familiar
> with suse email server 2.
> What part is imp/horde and what is suse ?
> for example are the postfix, procmail, imap web gui
> config things part of imp ?
>

> regards
>
> michael crane

Hello

It can be really challanging for a newbie to set this up :

The MTA is postfix delievering local mail with procmail for the vacation and
sorting stuff.
The Mailstore is Cyrus 1.6.x responsible for IMAP/POP3.
The Webmail is IMP 2.2.x connecting Cyrus per IMAP.
Most add on is the web-gui for managing the whole stuff and set up the LDAP
entries. This is the hardest part to replace.
You can have a look at webmin or some other tools and decide if you what to
build it from ground. There are also some modules mentioned on the horde
website for managing the mailserver 2 with IMP add-ons but we haven´t tested it
yet.
We have decided to use the Mailserver 2 further for creating/managing accounts
and mailstore in the internal net and add a webmail/MTA gateway in our DMZ with
the new IMP/Horde/Turba stuff for web access.

Regards

Andreas