[imp] suse emailserver2

Frank Weise weise at collogia.de
Mon Apr 21 18:22:56 PDT 2003

Hello,

we also have the old SuSE Mailserver 2.
Since a half year we use on the original SuSE Mailserver the latest released
HORDE/IMP/TURBA stuff.
To reach this you have the bring a new compiled php into the mailserver and
also the mysql database rpm from the suse cd. Also Spamassassin in Version 2.43
(some security bugs, watch your steps) works with the old perl5.0.

Since this weekend I try to build a mailserver like SuSE Mailserver 2 from
scratch, that means ontop of SUSE Linux Professional 8.2.

As you wrote the whole webbased admin frontend is written by SuSE in perl.
As of now, I finished with the openldap2 setup. Also I have written some small
php script, which creates new user in the ldap directory and also create the
users mailbox and subfolders with the needed access rights and quota
information ontop of cyrus.

Also the imap/pop/smtp access to the server works fine. Now Im working on:
TLS
SMTP-AUTH
SPAMASSASSIN
PROCMAIL

and after that the security is a big part.

If you need some assistance, contact me.

Best Regards

Frank Weise

Zitat von crane at ukonline.co.uk: