[imp] select all/none dropdown in CVS HEAD

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 24 15:55:55 PDT 2003

Quoting Rob Siklos <rob2 at siklos.ca>:

> Sorry if this has been discussed before, or if I'm missing something.  Would
> it not make sense to move the select all/none functionality from the
> dropdown to the checkbox header icon?

No.  It might make sense to duplicate the functionality in this way, but not
to move it.

Personally I'd rather see an access key defined for select all. :)  We
have access keys for checking individual checkboxes now, but AFAIK there
isn't a select all one?

> To be more clear,  I'm suggesting that instead of having checkbox.gif as the
> checkbox column header, there should be a real checkbox.  When you check it,
> it selects all, and when you uncheck it, it selects none.

See above, maybe an additional method, but not a replacement, because...

>  That way you
> could get rid of the Select dropdown box and save some real estate.

That selection box has more than just select all or select none in it.
So your change would not get rid of the box, only two items in the box.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!