[imp] Stock Red Hat PHP rpms not compiled with mcrypt

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Thu Apr 24 22:05:21 PDT 2003

On 24 Apr 2003, Oscar A. Valdez <oscar.valdez at plastipak.com.sv> wrote:

> Having to manage almost 40 Linux boxes with very little staff, I'm
> almost fanatical about installing software only from rpms. However,
> stock Red Hat PHP rpms aren't compiled with mcrypt, which slows IMP's
> performance.

Indeed, mcrypt and PEAR 1.0.1 are my biggest motivations for the
Horde-custom PHP RPMs at this point.

> Does anyone know of suitable PHP rpms (with mcrypt support) that can be
> used to replace Red Hat's, and to enhance IMP?
>
> For the record, I'm running:
>
> RH 8.0

Drat.  :-)  You probably saw my post about 7.2/7.3 and 9 yesterday.
Can't remember if Eric's have mcrypt in them?  If not I'll try to find
some time to gen. up some 8.0 ones for you.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html