[imp] Poinson messages

Alan W. Rateliff, II lists at rateliff.net
Fri Apr 25 23:39:08 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael M Slusarz" <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>
To: <imp at lists.horde.org>
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 6:04 PM
Subject: Re: [imp] Poinson messages

> Quoting Jeremy Freeman <jfreeman at sporg.com>:
>
> | Before I do a thurough analysis of this, I was hoping maybe someone out
> | there has a simple solution:
> |
> | Every so often when a user logs into IMP the webserver seg faults. If i
> | delete the first 100 or so messages in their inbox, they can again
> | login. So I think the problem is some sort of poison message in that 100
> | I deleted that is crashing something.
> |
> | Has anyone seen this before?
>
> Yes. try upgrading your c-client - newer versions do a better job of
> handling incorrect messages.

I concur with this assessment.  I was using c-client 2001a for the longest
time, for no particular reason, and had to restart Apache regularly as it
would begin segfaulting.  Since ugprading a couple of weeks ago, I haven't
seen a single segfault (yet).

Solaris 8, SPARC and Intel
Apache 1.3.27
PHP 4.3.0
Bunch of other junk :)

--
       Alan W. Rateliff, II        :       RATELIFF.NET
 Independent Technology Consultant :    alan2 at rateliff.net
      (Office) 850/350-0260        :  (Mobile) 850/559-0100