[imp] issue with 'webroot', and apache aliases

Vince LaMonica vjl at uci.edu
Sun Apr 27 18:50:56 PDT 2003

Hi All,

I would like to run IMP [currently using Horde 2.2.3, IMP 3.2.1, Kronolith
1.0, etc - all the latest non-CVS releases] as the root to a virtual
domain. I'd also like to run the other Horde apps with a simple /calendar
or /addressbook, etc suffix. Eg:

http://webmail.domain.edu/  [defaults to IMP, which athenticates horde]
http://webmail.domain.edu/calendar [for kronolith access]
http://webmail.domain.edu/addressbook [for Turba access]

This way, when I login, the URL that I'm sent to looks something like
this:

http://webmail.domain.edu/mailbox.php?mailbox=INBOX

I run PHP v4.1.2, apache v1.3.23 [patched], under linux.

I can currently do some of this by editing horde's config/registy.php such
that:

$this->applications['horde'] = array(
    'webroot' => '',

and

$this->applications['imp'] = array(
    'webroot' => $this->applications['horde']['webroot'] . '',

etc.

Also, editing my Vhosts.conf file, I've set things up to look like this:

DocumentRoot /var/www/html/webmail_domain_edu/horde/imp
Alias /horde/ /var/www/html/webmail_domain_edu/horde/
Alias /imp/   /var/www/html/webmail_domain_edu/horde/imp/
Alias /nag/   /var/www/html/webmail_domain_edu/horde/nag/
Alias /mnemo/   /var/www/html/webmail_domain_edu/horde/mnemo/
Alias /kronolith/   /var/www/html/webmail_domain_edu/horde/kronolith/
Alias /turba/   /var/www/html/webmail_domain_edu/horde/turba/

As you can see, I haven't messed with the non-IMP Horde apps yet, because
IMP isn't quite displaying nicely. It's not seeing some of the icons I
have on the top toolbar, nor does it see css.php, since it's looking for
those files in:

File does not exist: /var/www/html/webmail_domain_edu/horde/imp/css.php
File does not exist: /var/www/html/webmail_domain_edu/horde/imp/graphics/prefs.gif

The css.php file is in /horde, not /horde/imp as is the prefs.gif file
[it's in /horde/graphics/].

I'm not clear where I've messed up - in my apache .conf file, or in the
registry.php file. Anyone care to enlighten me? I've followed the FAQ at
http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/config/index.php#c3 which is how I've ended
up doing the above changes.

TIA,

/vjl/

--
Vince LaMonica               UC Irvine,  School  of  Social Ecology
 W3 Developer       <*>      116 Social Ecology I, Irvine, CA 92697

         You cannot preserve freedom by eliminating it.