quota affected as well (was Re: [imp] I have Trash and trash folders)

jkpsj jkpsj at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 19:13:56 PDT 2003

and i also discovered that, messages that was deleted (and moved to Trash) are not counted as part
of quota. these was what i did:
1. sent several batches of email from Yahoo and watched my quota grew from yellow to red.
2. then (in imp) i did a select all and delete those messages.
3. immediately my quota usage dropped down to 0%.
4. i switched to the Trash folder and can see all deleted msgs are there.

(the quota was ok if courier's trash is set to  'Trash' and imp's trash is set to 'trash')

why does the quota does not work? i can 'try' to convince my users that they have to MANUALLY
subscribe to Trash (unless i can get solution here :-) BUT this quota thingy is totally
unacceptable. is this a courier problem?

OTOH, a cheapo solution that came to mind (while writing this email), is to set courier to empty
the Trash folder, say, once a week, with IMAP_EMPTYTRASH=Trash:7

but that is my last resort. please help asap.