[imp] Fwd: horde is good

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Apr 29 00:43:12 PDT 2003

----- Forwarded message from horde at worsdall.demon.co.uk -----
    Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 18:48:33 +0100
    From: Mark Worsdall <horde at worsdall.demon.co.uk>
 Subject: horde is good
      To: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>

Hi Chuck,

Now we have the new IMP working I have to let you know how wonderful it
is especially as we have today added:

mnemo, kronolith, nag very easily.

I can see our staff and some of our special needs students using all the
sub-things a lot.

Since the students used it for reading email it should be easier to get
them to use nag, memo and calander to help them overcome some of their
learning difficulties.

We are all looking forward to the shared calender.

I haven't had a chance to test it yet with the students who have a
communication aid (talking device), we normally connect these devices to
the com port of the PC and use a little package made for us called
serialinput (http://www.serialinput.com), this takes the ASCII
characters from the device and puts them into whatever windows focus
window is up.

Strangely in IMP2.2.4 these users could not loggon by themselves to
their IMP email because the TAB character sent down the device would not
move the cursor from the userID box to the password box.

Basically on the device we programmed up a cell the did:

chuckh\tletmein\n (so looking down the serial cable one would see a 009
and a 00d) the 00d did the enter.

When our students log onto the internet this cell works.

I suspect it is to do with the javascripting or maybe not.

When I have checked to see if it still doesn't work with the new IMP3 we
have would you mind seeing what we could tweak to allow them to logon
independently to their email accounts?

M.
--
Mark Worsdall
https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=LS79YHQ9VUGLJ

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
The alligators were there, too, in a bathtub inside the house.