[imp] Another login problem.

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Apr 29 15:11:04 PDT 2003

Quoting david.nasvik at resco.se:

> I can't login to IMP, redirect.php gives me nothing, the horde-log gives me
> same, even in debug-mode. But apachelog says:
>
> unknown error
> Cannot allocate memory
> unknown error
> Cannot allocate memory
> unknown error
> unknown error
> child pid 27629 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

That is a php or apache problem, and hence it isn't too surprising that
Horde doesn't log much of anything.  You should try to find out if it
is php or apache that is crashing.  Any core file being generated?
Can you run the web server via the debugger on the command line, and trap
were the error is?  There's a good description of catching a backtrace
on http://www.php.net/ somewhere.

> I read on the mail-list that it's my old c-client (4.1) that was the
> causing the crashes

Could be, but I'd guess php myself.  But hard to say.

> so I upgraded to 2002c1. But still the same problem,
> then I upgraded from 4.23,

2002* won't work with php 4.2.2/4.2.3 so this step was not going to work.
I'd suggest trying 2001*, which works with 4.2.*/4.3.*

> to 4.3.1, but with the same result.

No idea, but since you tried multiple php versions, maybe it is apache itself?
In any case, you need to debug where the crash is (apache or php), and start
from there.

Make sure you don't have multiple c-client installs around, or multiple php
installs hanging around.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics