[imp] multi To: recipients causing Segmentation fault

Michael Wang michael at mybw.net
Mon May 5 03:08:41 PDT 2003

¤Þ¥Î Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Quoting Michael Wang <michael at mybw.net>:
>

> | Hi List,
> |
> | I just set up a Horde 2.2.3 + IMP 3.2.1 + Courier-IMAP 1.7.1 system with
> | MySQL
> | 3.23.52
> | DB backend.
> |
> | I noticed that when I receive  an email with the To: having more than one
> | address, i.e.
> |
> |    To:  micheal at mybw.net, second at yahoo.com
> | or
> |    To:  Michael <michael at mybw.net>,  Michael 2 <second at yahoo.com>
> | or
> |    To:  "Michel" <michael at mybw.net>, "Michael 2" <second at yahoo.com>
>
> possible c-client issue.  Search the mail archives for more information
> (c-client discussions have only appeared about a billion times in the last
> year).
>
> michael

> Michael Slusarz [slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu]
> The University of Colorado at Boulder

Ah! yes!  Thank you, Micahel S.
I recompiled PHP with imap-2002b and it solved the problem.
(I was using imap-2002c1, the latest release at the moment)

Here is what I did:

in src/imap-2002b/
  make lnp SSLTYPE=none  (make with Linux/PAM support, but no SSL; don't need it
locally)

then, in src/php-4.3.1/
   make clean
   ./configure  --with-mysql=../mysql-3.23.56-pc-linux-i686
--with-apache=../apache_1.3.27 --with-imap=../imap-2002b --with-ldap --with-gettext
   make; make install

then, in src/apache_1.3.27/
    make clean
    ./config.status  (because I built/configured it before; it configs with
--activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a 'automatically')

    make
    * now, I stop the httpd  process that's currently running *
    make install
    * I now start the httpd with the newly compiled binary with new php module *

Done & Working. :)

NOTE: again, these steps are for having configured/compiled Apache, PHP once
before already.

Regards,
Michael Wang