[imp] how do I "peek" to see if a user has new messages?

Alan W. Rateliff, II lists at rateliff.net
Tue May 6 00:54:11 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wes Johnston" <wes at johnston.net>
To: <imp at lists.horde.org>
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 11:33 PM
Subject: [imp] how do I "peek" to see if a user has new messages?

> On our web site, users log in to the main menu with the same ID and
password
> as their email.  In our current system, neomail, I was able to effect a
hack
> which allowed neomail to print a special banner which said "you have X new
> messages" and when the user clicked, was passed right into neomail's
inbox.

> I'd like to make horde do something similar.. but for starters, I'd settle
> for just getting a simple banner that could be displayed in an IFRAME
which
> reveals how many new messages the user has as he's logging in.

If the Horde display is configured to include IMP, then this is already done
for the user.  It would look something like:

Mail
INBOX            ##

Where ## is the number of messages in the INBOX.  I don't use folders, so I
don't know for sure, but I believe it might also show for each folder as
well.

--
       Alan W. Rateliff, II        :       RATELIFF.NET
 Independent Technology Consultant :    alan2 at rateliff.net
      (Office) 850/350-0260        :  (Mobile) 850/559-0100