[imp] Strange behaviour with imap proxy

Nico Halpern mhalpern at ramapo.edu
Mon May 12 12:40:59 PDT 2003

That was exactly it. I've changed up-imapproxy to do a  'SELECT ""'
instead of closing the mailbox, and everything is working fine. UNSELECT
is great (when it's there) but the implicit expunge in CLOSE bites.

thanks for your help,

nico

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 13:11, Didi Rieder wrote:
> Quoting Nico Halpern <mhalpern at ramapo.edu>:
>
> > Has anyone experienced anything like this in the past? I would like to
> > track this problem down, but I'm not really sure where to start. I'm
> > using horde-2.2.3, imp-3.2.1 and up-imapproxy-1.1.5 from
> > ftp://ftp.pitt.edu/users/d/g/dgm
>
> It seems, that your IMAP-Server doesn't support UNSELECT.
> The up-imapproxy uses CLOSE if there is no support for UNSELECT when it is
> terminating a connection. "CLOSE" expunges marked messages.
>
> Didi
>
> --
> Didi Rieder
> adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at
> PGPKey ID: 3431D0B0

Marcelo N. Halpern,  your favorite daemon.
UNIX System Administrator - Ramapo College
TEL: +1.201.684.6821  FAX: +1.201.684.7961
Santa María de los Buenos Aires, si todo estuviera mejor...