[imp] compose and utf8 addresses from turba, bug?

Barbara Nydell barbara at ngb.se
Fri May 16 09:41:37 PDT 2003

Hi list,

when going to the imp compose window from turba, by
clicking on an email address in an ldap (utf8) address
book, the compose script fails to split the get string
into To: Cc: etc parts IF the email address contains
non-ascii characters.

In other words, I get all this in the To: field:

Åäö åäö <aao at example.com>&cc=&bcc=&msg=&subject=&uniq=12345

where Åäö Åäö is the user's real name containing
scandinavian characters.

This only happens when the name contains non-ascii
(in my case, scandinavian) characters.

There is no problem with extracting individual
addresses from the addressbook when you already have
the compose window open, which leads me to believe
there is something wrong with the split-function of
the get-string.

I have horde-2.2.3, imp-3.2.1, turba-1.2

Help?