[imp] No Sender, Date or Subject in Inbox When Using POP3 - IMP 2.2.7

Sara Hartzell sara at methow.com
Tue May 20 16:39:32 PDT 2003

I work for a medium-sized ISP and we are running IMP 2.2.7 on a RedHat Linux 7.2 RPM server with PSA 2.5.0 loaded, Apache webserver 1.3.20, PHP 4.0.6 and MySQL 3.23.  This server with IMP installed is our web hosting and DNS server. Our email is on another server and POP3 is used on that mail server.  We have DNS records pointing mail.<ourdomain.com> to our mail server.

Per some other list threads I've found, I have changed some of the IMP configuration options in /home/httpd/vhosts/webmail/horde/imp/config/defaults.php3 as follows:

    $default->server = "mail.".$ServerName;
    $default->user_change_server = false;
    $default->use_server_list = false;
    $default->from_server = $ServerName;
    $default->port = '110';
    $default->user_change_port = true;
    $default->servtype = 'pop3';
    $default->user_change_servtype = true;

Now I am able to use IMP to successfully login to mailboxes on our POP3 mail server.  I see a list of messages displayed in the Inbox.  The problem, is each message has an empty sender and date, and the subject just says "No Subject."  When I open a message, the message body just has a long string of ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ....  It's as if something isn't encoded right.  I searched the mailing.www.horde-imp list in Google and found a couple reports of this same scenario, but no resolution was documented.

What should I do?  Thanks in advance for your help!