[imp] Remote logins to imp...

Nigel Cass N.Cass at Hull.ac.uk
Wed May 21 04:05:09 PDT 2003

Hi Guys.

We have recently set up an email management web page where people can view
quota usage, set up autoreplies etc etc. - From that page we wanted to have
a direct access into imp (since we already have gathered the user
credentials anyway.)

We did this via a simple form, setting some variables and calling
redirect.php as below:

<FORM NAME="webform"
ACTION="https://impserver1.hull.ac.uk/horde/imp/redirect.php"
TARGET="Webmail" METHOD="POST">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="imapuser" VALUE=userA>
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="pass" VALUE=xxxxxx>
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="server" VALUE="staffimapserver.hull.ac.uk">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="actionID" VALUE="105">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="redirect_url" VALUE="">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="mailbox" VALUE="INBOX">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="port" VALUE="143">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="namespace" VALUE="">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="maildomain" VALUE="hull.ac.uk">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="protocol" VALUE="imap/notls">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="realm" VALUE="">
</FORM>

This seems to work fine, so we were happy. However when we wished to extend
this service to students, we expected that we could just make the change
below.

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="server" VALUE="studentimapserver.hull.ac.uk">

And it would attempt to authenticate to the other server that we have
configured in imp/config/servers.php. However it seems that passing server
as a variable is not possible and that it just attempts to authenticate to
the default server (which I presume is the first entry in servers.php)

Is there a way to solve this problem ? (i.e, is there a better way of
performing remote logins)

TYIA.

Nigel Cass.