[imp] Administered identities - once more!

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed May 21 14:14:40 PDT 2003

Quoting fabricio bianco abreu <fabricio at tc.df.gov.br>:

> I would like to enable identityes in imp 3.2.1 adminstravively, that is,
> horde admin would set one or more fixed identity for some users (not for
> all of them). Users themselves should not be able to create their own
> alternete identity.  Users with a fixed alternative identity would have
> the ability to send mail "in behalf of" such identity.

What exactly do you want to restrict?  Just them changing the From: address,
or having identities at all?

> How could I accomplish it?

I won't answer this until I know what your actual goal is (From: address
only, or really disable identities).

> PS: I know there is no support for such feature in imp 3.1 because chuck said
> so! http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=imp&m=103651315816971&w=2)

He was, I think, refering specifically to the ability to administratively
set/change peoples preferences/identities via Horde itself.  You could
obviously do this via some backend (e.g. if you save stuff in an sql
database, you could use sql to manipulate the identities).

So, if you can or can not do what you want depends on what you want.
What you want to restrict/change, and if you are willing to go outside
Horde to make the changes or not.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics