[imp] recipient parsing - error?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed May 21 15:00:30 PDT 2003

Quoting Björn Hansson <bhansson at netera.se>:

> I am aware that this is not correct, any however some users do write ";".

I find only Microsoft exchange/outlook users do this, as a general rule.

> Today
> I manually bounce these messages - is there something "better" I can do?

Educate the users.

> Of course, I do try to make the users understand this, but as we all know
> this
> can be hard.

Yes, very much so.

> How do big companies handle this problem? Or do they have "better"
> users than I do?

Don't know.  I just explain it to my users when it comes up, which it
rarely does.  They only need to be told once.  Maybe I have overly
smart users...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics