[imp] I.E. hangs on login to IMP

Geoffrey Hort g.hort at unsw.edu.au
Thu May 22 21:11:53 PDT 2003

Since upgrading Internet Explorer recently it hangs on login to IMP sometimes.
The status bar indicates that it's loading redirect.php but the login page is
still displayed and there is no activity on the server.  I've only noticed this
when accessing IMP.  It is possible to get around the problem by doing any of
the following:

1) Turning off HTTP 1.1 in I.E.

2) going thru a proxy

3) Setting messages displayed per page in IMP to a small number e.g. 20.

It only seems to happen when logging in to an account with a large number of
messages in the inbox.

I'm using Windows 2000 & I.E. 6.0.2800.1106, SP1 and IMP running on Redhat 7.3,
Horde 2.2.3, IMP 3.2.1, php 4.2.2 using the rpms from the horde ftp site.  I've
also seen this on Solaris 8, IMP 3.1.  It doesn't happen with other browsers.

Has anyone else seen this?

Geoff Hort
University of New South Wales.