[imp] Inbox starts on page 2??

Tenebrae tene_IMP at niceboots.com
Fri May 23 09:37:03 PDT 2003

On Fri, 23 May 2003, Gonzalo Servat wrote:

> On 23/05/2003 9:18 AM +0200 Andy wrote:
>
> > Could this be a problem of IMAP?`
> >
> > I'm having this appearing on one installation which is using Mercury-IMAP
> > (no matter if Win32 or Novell as OS) but not on other  boxes which are
> > using imap-2000 or uw-imap.
> >
> > And all are running CVS from the last days.
>
> The problem was infact that IMP takes you to the page with the first unread
> message. I'd be interested to know how to change this behavior so it always
> goes to page 1.
>
> Regards,
> Gonzalo.

I don't think of this as a problem.  Rather, I think of it as a desired
feature.  When I open my inbox in any mail program, it jumps to the first
unread message.  This is what I prefer for it to do so that I can see the
messages I haven't dealt with yet right away.  I don't want it starting
with old news.
As has been pointed out, you can always go into your Options and change
the default sort order.
								-Tenebrae.
---
The sending of any unsolicited email advertising messages to this domain
may result in the imposition of civil liability against you in accordance
with Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code Section 17538.45.