[imp] User Definition

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 2 10:39:00 PDT 2003

Quoting ian turley <ianturley at yahoo.co.uk>:

> 1.  How do you set up new users?  Do I have to set
> these up as linux users?

Depends on your needs and your mail software.

> 2. I want to set up users in a mysql database.  How do
> you do this.  Is there any document for this.

You need mail software that supports sql users, or a pam module that
supports sql users.  How you then setup the users depends on that
software.

> I am suprised that these are not in the FAQ.

I'm not.  We'd have to have literally hundreds of entries to cover the
various authentication methods available.  It would be more confusing
than helpful, and make the FAQ be thousands of pages long.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!