[imp] help troubleshooting installation

Michael Connors admin at morguefile.com
Tue Jun 3 15:19:17 PDT 2003

the server looks like...

<?php

$this_domain = substr(getenv('HTTP_HOST'),
strpos(getenv('HTTP_HOST'), '.')+1);
$servers['imap'] = array (
        'name' => $this_domain,
        'server' => $this_domain,
        'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
        'port' => 143,
        'folders' => 'mail/',
        'namespace' => '',
        'maildomain' => '',
        'realm' => '',
        'preferred' => ''

);

intresting I changed
conf.php to uncomment
$conf['server']['server_list'] = 'hidden';

and added this function

if (!function_exists('imp_get_vinfo')) {

    function imp_get_vinfo ($type = 'username') {

        global $conf, $imp;

        $vdomain = getenv('HTTP_HOST');

        $vdomain = preg_replace('|^<a href="http://www."
target="_blank">www.</a>|i', '', $vdomain);

        $vdomain = strtolower($vdomain);

        if ($type == 'username') {

            return $imp['user'] . '@' . $vdomain;

        } elseif ($type == "vdomain") {

            return $vdomain;

        } else {

            return new PEAR_Error('invalid type: ' . $type);

        }

    }

}

this was done from a the howto I read
when I changed "hidden" to "shown" the pulldown on the login page
for imp and horde only shows "com" like it can't figure out what server
to connect to

http://forum.rackshack.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10776&perp