[imp] Problem with attachments - recipient cannot read attachements

Kim Hoffman khoffman at uwo.ca
Tue Jun 3 18:39:07 PDT 2003

I have upgraded from

redhat  7        8          9
horde   2.1      2.1.3      2.2.3-1
imp     3.1      3.1.2      3.2.1
turba   1.1      1.1-2      1.2-1
apache  1.3.23   2.0.40-8   2.0.40-21
php     4.1.2    4.2.2      4.2.2-17

I have no difficulties with attachements in Redhat 7 but
with Redhat 8 and Redhat 9 I have two problems with
attachments.

- whenever I attached more than one file it would
  show that it had attached 2 copies of the first
  file and 1 copy of the second.  On receving the
  message, the user does only see two files attached.
- however, if the file is a Microsoft Word or Excel
  file (did not try the other Microsoft products
  like PowerPoint) the user cannot open the attached
  file in Word or Excel.

--
Kim Tan Hoffman
Information Technology Services