[imp] Login Page

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 5 15:18:20 PDT 2003

Quoting David Tice <dtice at wheatonma.edu>:

> If a person logs into IMP 3.2 with either jdoe or JDOE the person will be
> allowed to log in. the problem arises when items are stored in horde_prefs
> or turba_object .

True.

> These are two different according to the database I am
> using psql.

True.

> Has anyone reported this as a bug?

Yes, several people have reported this as a bug in Horde or IMP.  It is
not however!  It is a "feature" or "bug" (depending on your point of view)
in your login authentication backend, most likely in your IMAP server software.
This is common, for example, with wu-imapd.

> Has anyone fixed this on their own and will tell me how.

Create a hook that converts the username to all lower case.

> I am assuming that
> you would need to change everything to lower case at login.

Yes, via a hook...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics