[imp] Help with attachments

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 9 12:40:33 PDT 2003

Quoting "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk at queernet.org>:

> > Then the development isn't opensource (but is closed source)
> > even if the final releases are opensource.  That means you
> > are keeping people from helping develope the code in real-time.
>
> What is "real-time"?  I'm talking about a snapshot and smoke schedule of 12
> to 24 hours at most.

Real-time means real-time.  As soon as some one commits the code, any one
anywhere can look at it, modify it, change it, debate it, etc.

I'm not sure what a 12 to 24 hour schedule buys you.  Certainly not enough
time to catch most bugs (though it might catch simple typos, changes you
later revert, etc).

> Carrying your argument to its absurd conclusion, simply not having every
> character show up in CVS as it's typed is "closed source."

Nope.  It isn't part of the source until it is commited.  When it was
typed isn't relevent.  Only when it was commited is relevent.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!