[imp] strange logout if not using fqdn/no session id in mozilla > 1.0?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Thu Jun 12 12:11:12 PDT 2003

Quoting Markus Krause <krause at biochem.mpg.de>:

| hi all,
|
| like reported in my mail with subject "edit filter rules -> session
| timeout" i
| have encountered a strange problem (sorry for starting a new thread but i
| think
| this subject tells more about the problem), (still) using newest cvs:
|
| the problem is, that a user is logout with the message "your mail session
| has
| expired" if he clicks on "options" -> "filters" -> "edit your filter
| rules" (in
| the horde log file it says "session timeout [...] on line 83 of
| "[...]/horde/imp/login.php").

This link was previously not being run through Horde::url() (it turns out
that Registry::link() does not do this for you automatically...) so session
IDs were not being added for non-cookie based sessions.  Try updating and
seeing if this cures the problem.

| if the user then enters his name and
| password he
| comes (sometimes) directly to the page with the filter rules. this
| problem
| occures with linux, win2k and win xp with ie 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, mozilla 1.2
| and
| 1.4. somehow this does not happen when using mozilla 1.0 and opera! i
| looked at
| the received html-code in opera and mozilla 1.2 (and ie) and it seems
| that the
| urls in the code sent to opera has always a
| "<whatever>.php?Horde=<sessionid(?)>&<other_options>", the one in mozilla
| 1.2/1.4 and ie only is "<whatever>.php?<other_options>" ! (??)

I think this is a browser issue.  On my personal setup, I am using cookies.
Using IE at my office (IE 6sp1, Win2K) doesn't append the session ID to
URLs ever.  Using IE at home (IE 6sp1, WinXP) it _does_ append the session
ID to URLs.  Using Mozilla _anywhere_ never adds the session ID.  I use the
same link to access the login page, so this is either a bug with the
browser (or PHP) so that explains this behavior.

Come to think of it... ever since upgrading to PHP 4.3.2, I don't think I
see the session Id behavior at home anymore.  So this may have been a PHP
bug that has since been fixed.

michael