[imp] Problem sending email when bcc??

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 12 18:34:35 PDT 2003

Quoting Francoise Le Bouleix <fran at his.com>:

>  I have a user complaining of an intermittent problem with IMP.
> When he replies to an email and enters his email address in the bcc field,
> he sometimes gets a "page can't be displayed" after hitting the send button.
> The email is not sent and he has to start all over again.
> He is using Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)
> and has cookies and Javascript enabled (says he).

Could be anything.  But two common causes are:

1) If he is accessing it via ssl, this is an IE bug that hits post forms.
2) You could be getting a web server crash (seg fault, etc) which will
   generate the "page can't be displayed" message.

> Any idea what might be causing that?

Nope.  Could be lots of stuff.  (I'm at this moment trying to build php 4.3.2
since I'm seeing random seg faults with 4.3.0/4.3.1 that cause this error
message).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics