[imp] Re: Can't get Ingo to do my filtering

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 16 09:05:15 PDT 2003

Quoting Ruben van der Steenhoven <ruben_donotspamme at webmeesters.net>:

> I understand your problem Michael, it can be very difficult to reproduce
> a problem in certain situations, but it seems (to me a least) in this
> case, that the combination of a real-life database thats been upgraded
> along with the head-version of horde COULD result in these problems.

You mean a real-life development database, not a production database
from a release version.

> If my assumption is true this could result in major problems when
> releasing HORDE 4.

No, because they would be going from an older release database to the
new one, not from an intermediate development database to the new one.
We will have different or improved migration utilities, etc.

> I am more than willing to work with you in resolving this issue
> step-by-step

What we need, at a mimium, is for the person who "upgraded" their database
and it failed, and then installed a new one and it worked, to do a listing
of those two databases for comparison (first just the database info like
tables, fields, attributes, etc, and if that doesn't resolve the issue
then maybe some select data as well.  Saying one works and one doesn't
isn't of much use if we can't also see a comparison of the two.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!