[imp] Issue with SENDMAIL

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 16 12:19:26 PDT 2003

Quoting Tuyo Isaza <tboard at incolombia.com>:

> But when I try to send a mail, everything seems normal, no error getts
> reported, but no mail arrives to the destination.

You don't say how you set it up to send mail (local sendmail command, smtp,
some other mailer besides sendmail, etc).  So it is hard to debug.  From
the subject line I'll at least assume you use sendmail.

> I tried to make a form that mails with the mail(); funtion in PHP, but the
> same thing happens.

That is probably unrelated, but not a good sign.  Sounds like your local
mail configuration is messed up.

> But when i use POP with SMTP ( AKA Outlook express) my recepients get the
> mail.

You can try using SMTP with Horde/IMP also, and see if that solves the
problem.  Or you can debug a local sendmail setup with:

http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/trouble/index.php#t26

> WHAT IS GOING ON?

No idea. :(  Try the above debugging link, and report back what you find
out.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics