[imp] Newbie question - got it installed. now what ?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 16 20:21:55 PDT 2003

Quoting Marek <marek at foundmoney.com>:

> I'v installed Horde and IMP, created a username and a password in mysql, but
> I can't login.

The password needs to be an md5() crypt.

> Everytime I try, it just brings me to the login prompt again
> without any message.

Strange. It should be given an error message or something above the
login username/password prompts...

> If someone could please help me, I'v read all the FAQs
> on the website(which btw seem to be quite outdated),

If you tell me what is outdated, maybe I can fix it.  But saying the whole
thing is outdated is not productive.

> and I can't get it to
> work properly.

See above/below.

> I'v run the horde mysql install scripts
> and created a username and password in mysql
>
> insert into horde_users values ('test', PASSWORD('test'));

You need to use md5() instead of password().

> and nothing seems to be working for me ??
>
> Pls help.

See above.

> Thanks

Eric Rostetter