[imp] Resuming Drafts

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 17 16:10:18 PDT 2003

Quoting Richard Carpenter <rcarpenter at brandxnet.com>:

> How do you send a message in the drafts folder?

Depends on your IMP version, and your configuration.

> The Help says
>
> You can then finish the message later by switching to the 'Drafts' folder,
> clicking on the saved message to open it, and then clicking on 'Resume'.

See https://mail.ph.utexas.edu/userguide/imp-basic-compose.php and it
will explain how to do this with IMP 3.0 and show an example with the
resume link.

Depending on your version/setup, you may just be able to click on a message
in the mailbox view of your drafts folder, and it will resume (open a compose
window) automatically.

> But I can't find anything like 'Resume'.

Well, you may not have it.  You may not need it.  You may have pop3 and
it isn't supported. You may use an imap server that doesn't support the
drafts flag, so you have to configure around that.  Heck, I don't know.
That's why I always want people to tell me more about their setup and
versions...

The above example (link) shows a IMP 3.0 with a resume link.  My CVS HEAD
version doesn't have a resume link, but if I just click on the message
it resumes.  Your milage may vary.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics