[imp] IE Caching SSL sessions

James Burns-Howell james at burns-howell.com
Tue Jun 24 04:49:30 PDT 2003

Hi All,

When I connect to my Imp server over SSL, IE 6 caches all pages received
(mailbox listing, individual messages, etc) in the Temporary Internet
Files folder. Does anyone know of a way to prevent it doing this? I'm
travelling a lot and relying on Internet Cafe's for connectivity so,
ideally I'd like to keep my communications private.

I've tried setting the following headers for all horde pages with
mod_headers:
Expires: -1
Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate
Pragma: no-cache

Both Mozilla and Opera respect these headers and do not write the pages
to their cache but IE continues to write them out to disk.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,
James