[imp] Running IMP via alias

misleb at onshore.com misleb at onshore.com
Thu Jun 26 08:15:37 PDT 2003

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to IMP 3.2.1 from 2.2.6 and I noticed that I can
no longer run it with DocumentRoot set to /usr/share/horde2/imp. I
want http://mail.mydomain.net/ to go directly to IMP.  I also want to
use apache VirtualHost entries, i.e. mail.anotherdomain.net,
mail.yetanotherdomain.net, etc. All should go to that same DocumentRoot.

The reason I have those VirtualHosts is so that I can use
imp_expand_fromaddress() to generate an appropriate default From:
address based on $SERVER_NAME for the user.

Using that DocumentRoot gets me to the IMP login. The problems is that
after I login, the URL is always rewritten to  http://mail.mydomain.net/horde2/imp/...
I don't want /horde2/imp to show up for users and I want the hostname
in the URL to remain unchanged.

I'm not sure if this is an Apache problem or an IMP/Horde problem. Any
help would be appreciated.

BTW, I tried editing /etc/horde2/registry.d/imp to change webroot to
"/", but that only messed up IMP and broke some image links.

-matthew