[imp] Problem with national characters.

PM pm at eltron.pl
Fri Jul 4 03:18:14 PDT 2003

     Hi all,
     I am new to horde system, and to this lists to. I have installed
     newest stable version of Horde, IMP, Turba, Kronolith, Mnemo, Nag,
     Accounts and Password.
     I'm using qmail-ldap and Courier IMAP as mail transport system and
     IMAP server. I use LDAP for user and mail accounts, MySQL for address
     books and mcal for Kronolith.
     I have two problems with Turba and IMP (related problems so I decide
     to post to both groups).
     1) When I try to open new mail (from IMP or by cliking on e-maol
     addres in address book) using as a browser MS Internet Explorer 6 I
     have new window with message that the requested page is not avaiable.
     In Netscape 7.02 almost all is working fine. Almost... This is the
     second problem:
     2) In Netscape when I click on e-mail address in Turba, and Lastname
     field contains national characters I get nothing. None window opens,
     any reaction. When I click on e-mail with Lasname field without
     national charactes all works fine. New window is opened with blank
     message to proper person.
     I fount that in both cases it is problem with JavaScript window.open
     method, but I cannot solve this problem in JavaScript - simply I don't
     know JavaScript. I solve this problem (in both cases) just by modyfing
     imp/compose method not to use javascript, but directly calling proper
     php script. I don't know if it is perfect solution, but it works for
     me.
     If somebody wants this I can send a diff file.
     If somebody has better solution I woud like to receive diff file. ;-)

     Wtih regards
     Maciej J. Pyka