[imp] I need help !!!

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jul 7 10:33:33 PDT 2003

Quoting Tomas Tichacek <Tomas.Tichacek at seznam.cz>:

> Every time I try to see a word doc using imp it works good but not
> for the pictures. I noticed that at unix prompt wvHtml  work without
> that problem.

Correct.  There is no current way to see the pictures that is supported
and secure.  See the list archives for some methods to do it.  I do it
when needed with some custom apache rewrites that redirect the calls to
the graphics to the /tmp/ files...   Works, and isn't too insecure if you
don't leave any nasty images in your /tmp/ area, and realize that since
the image files linger in /tmp/ anyone can retrieve them by guessing
urls, etc.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics