[imp] with exchange server: cannot view inbox

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon Jul 7 20:33:58 PDT 2003

Quoting Markus Krause <krause at biochem.mpg.de>:

| Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:
|
| > Quoting Markus Krause <krause at biochem.mpg.de>:
| >
| > | as nobody had further hints for my problem with microsoft exchange
| 2000
| > | server
| > | (does nobody use this??) i dived deep in the code and got to a line
| in
| > | imp/lib/Mailbox.php, where exchange seems to have troubles with:
| > |  it's in the function _getSortedIndex()
| > |   (start at line 508 in the cvs snapshot 2003-06-29, v 1.42)
| > |
| > |   if the php-function "imap_sort" is sent to the exchange server with
| the
| > | last
| > | parameter (options) set to SE_UID, then exchange sends nothing back,
| if i
| > | set
| > | this to "0" (null), i get an answer.
| >
| > Sounds like either yyour exchange server is broken/misconfigured,
| it should be the newest version with latest service pack applied. do you
| (or
| anybody else) have an idea what could be misconfigured? the responsible
| admin
| claims that all is correct ...

It sounds like the only thing that is wrong is that the imap_sort() does not
like the SE_UID flag.  If the server does not like that flag, then there is
either a problem with PHP, c-client, or the server, not IMP.

IMP definitely needs the uid, not the message number that is returned
without the SE_UID flag, so there is no work-around to this problem (e.g.
rewriting IMP to use imap_sort() without SE_UID is most definitely not a
solution).  Since I don't have an exchange server, i can't help much more
than this.

michael