[imp] LDAP preferences backend

Juan Guerrero juan_guerrero at linuxmail.org
Tue Jul 8 12:50:01 PDT 2003

Hello all i have been googling around to see how to solve this problem, but i cound not find anything,
I have configured horde to use the ldap backend to store preferences with the following settings:

$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'ldap';
$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'linuxlab.linux';
$conf['prefs']['params']['port'] = '389';
$conf['prefs']['params']['basedn'] = 'ou=users,o=linuxlab';
$conf['prefs']['params']['uid'] = 'dn';

My ldap server is up and running
I just used the following ldif to define a test user:
dn: o=linuxlab
objectClass: organization
o: linuxlab

dn: ou=developers, o=linuxlab
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: developers

dn: ou=users, o=linuxlab
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: users

dn: cn=signal11, ou=users, o=linuxlab
objectClass: person
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: hordePerson
cn: signal11
sn: sigsegv
uid: 10001
uidNumber: 10001
gidNumber: 10000
homeDirectory: /external/home/signal11
userPassword: coredumped
loginShell: /bin/bash
mail: signal11 at linuxlab.linux

I can log in perfectly to imp but i got this error below in the page:

Warning: LDAP: modify operation could not be completed. in /var/www/html/horde/lib/Prefs/ldap.php on line

Could somebody please help?

Juan V. Guerrero
CTO
eSolutions 4 All