[imp] Conflicts with images in signed and encrypted messages

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed Jul 9 13:34:20 PDT 2003

Quoting Sebastian Calero Laguia <scalero at datadec.es>:

| In CVS when I sends messages in html format with images inline and
| finally I
| sign, encrypt or sing&encrypt it. The message received is correctly
| except
| for the imagenes that in its place appears a red cross. I use Outlook
| Express for the tests.

If talking about PGP messages sent via Outlook with PGPfreeware, then I can
tell you that it is PGPfreeware that is broken.  It doesn't send
multipart/related messages correctly, at least when signing w/PGP, because
it converts the text/html part to text/plain part - which means there is no
way to link the image in the message to the text part.

As far as s/MIME goes - I have no idea.

michael