[imp] Submitting new msg to send, zero size reply (SOLVED)

agullo at comtenidos.com agullo at comtenidos.com
Fri Jul 11 01:04:30 PDT 2003

Andrew Morgan wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 agullo at comtenidos.com wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Still testing latest stable Horde & Imp releases to update my current
>>setup. Getting problems to send messages with attached files.
>>
>>With Imp 3.1 in production, max php upload size in php settings
>>currently limited to 2mb. If I try to send a msg with an attach aprox
>>larger than 400-500kb, uploading is ok, but when I click on 'send',
>>something is executed, tmp attached file is unlinked from tmp directoty,
>>but message is not actually sent. Popup compose window still open, I
>>click again on 'send', msg is actually sent this time, but no attached
>>stuff at all (if I check the resulting message source,
>>attachment-related MIME labels are there but no real content at all.
>>
>>With testing Imp 3.2.1, same problem, small attachments are ok, but
>>anything larger than a few hundred kb is refused with a null output
>>reply from the webserver. If browsing Imp thru a Squid cache, I can see
>>a "Zero Sized Reply" error from the cache engine. Uploading is fine, php
>>upload limits are not enforced for these small attachments.
>>
>>Logging at debug level is not enough, I don't get any feedback from
>>logs. What else should I look at?
>>
>>Thnx
>

> Check that your php memory limit in php.ini is at least 3 times the
> maximum upload size.  In your case, I'd probably set it to 8MB (which is
> the default, I think).  If this doesn't work, I've got some other things
> to check.
>
> 	Andy

Hi, thank you, your tip was partially successful. I did try an max php
memory limit change up to 20mb, and my attachments limit got over my
previous 400kb limit, but failed to send 2mb with same error.

Then I try again with 30mb memory limit, now Imp works ok beyond 5mb net
attachments (~7mb after mime encoding). So you were on the right way!

Hope this helps to anybody else with same problem

Regards