[imp] Problems using POP3 server

Marco Maiani m.maiani at comune.scandicci.fi.it
Fri Jul 25 04:19:24 PDT 2003

I have installed horde-2.2.3-1 and imp-3.2.1-1 and I'd like to access to
the mail server with IMAP and POP3. When I choose IMAP server I can access
to my e-mail and IMP works very well. When I select POP3 server  using the
same username and password t the server doesn't accept them and send me a
message like this "Login not succeeded for some reason. Probably the
username or the password are wrong ". I'm sure that username and password
are right and I suppose that also the imp configuration files should be
right, but however I can't connect to my server by Pop3. I don't know what
I need to do to fix it.

Every suggestion is very appreciated.

Thank you

Marco