[imp] Mail Administration

Ghost pplanetmars at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 25 10:33:28 PDT 2003

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for the reply. I got the how to by Mischa
but did not get it to work.

I think Postfix by default is not compiled with mysql
support. I tried lookign for compilation options but
could not find. I finally compiled with only mysql
support cos I am not sure if the extra options (eg
SASL) are needed; I then did a 'make upgrade' so as
not to loose the previous settings but then I got into
another problem and have the following errors

    connect to mysql server localhost: Can't connect
to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
    maildrop/AB9D73F863: Error writing message file

I don't know what I did wrong.

Could you help me out here?

Thanks