[imp] Does IMP handle a Lack of JavaScript ?

Martin Jones mlj at sabreit.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 05:13:48 PDT 2003

O.K. next question ;)

I tried disabling javascipt (on MozillaFirebird 0.6) to test IMP's ability
to function at sites which don't trust javascript.

Most things (Initial login, INBOX, options and message viewing) work
perfectly.

However the Compose message doesn't, even if I disable 'Compose
messages in a separate window?' in my personal preferences. Similarly the
'Help' window doesn't.

My PHP scripting is non-existant. But peering at the source code I see
checks in compose.php looking for '$browser->hasFeature('javascript')'
which seem to indicate IMP is supposed to degrade gracefully if javascript
is not available.

Is this a (known?) bug or expected behaviour ?

Thanks,

	Martin.