[imp] Does IMP handle a Lack of JavaScript ?

Martin Jones mlj at sabreit.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 06:54:23 PDT 2003

> > Is this a bug ? or have I just not hacked the right thing ? or is compose
> > never expected to work with non-javascript enabled browsers ?
>
> Turn off the "compose in a new window" preference.

Yeah - I just worked that one out, after getting far enough tracing
through the code to see that that _was_ the expected behaviour.

In previous trials I though I'd done this without visible effect. The
problem was I turned off javascript BEFORE then using the options screen
to change my preferences, and the options screen requires javascript to do
the saving of options changes. (DOH!)

As you say it works perfectly now, and I've changed the 'compose in new
window' default preference to 'false'.

Thanks again for your patience and my apologies for not double checking my
settings before asking for assistance.

Martin.

P.S. Thanks for making the code so readable!