[imp] Mechanism to provide feedback during "SEND" operation possible?

Lord Apollyon implist at paypc.com
Wed Aug 13 21:16:35 PDT 2003

Some users behind badly configured DSL (or any asymmetric bandwidth) setups
often double or triple-send emails, when their Kaz...er...BitTorr...er...
PERSONAL DATA "distribution" products are in full spew.

I fully understand this is not an IMP/Horde problem per se, except for the
fact that multiple-submissions on the same "send" request appear to be
accepted as valid.

What could alleviate this problem is some kind of feedback during the
sending operation, which could close the window or refresh the display once
the operation is completed.

Maybe some Javascript-initiated popup window once "Send Message" is struck?
 I am unsure of how to automatically CLOSE that window though once its
purpose is  fulfilled.

Thoughts/ideas?

=Apollyon=