[imp] quoted lines not all highlighted

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Wed Aug 20 17:26:34 PDT 2003

Quoting Rick Emery <rick at emery.homelinux.net>:

> I have the preference set to highlight quoted text in different colors, and
> I've
> been noticing that, in messages with quoted text, the first line isn't always
> highlighted in a different color, though all other quoted lines are.

I've been able to do some testing, and have more information. In prefs, I have
">" set as the quote character. If a line beginning with this character is on
the very first (top) line of the message, it's not highlighted in a different
color. If there's a blank line (or even a line of text) at the top, and the
quoted line is the second (or subsequent) line, even if it's the first text of
the message, it's highlighted.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Rick