[imp] How to give l/p information to IMP from another php page ?

Léonard Wauters leo at bellier.com
Thu Aug 21 03:04:01 PDT 2003

Hello everybody,

No, don't blame me, I like horde/imp a lot, but I need to integrate IMP mailer
in an existing portal. No steal. Let me explain :
I have a web portal entirely written in php, that uses php4 session management,
as Horde do. A webmail is lacking on it, so I'm thinking about integrating IMP
on it. This is the easy part, just have to make a link ;).
But to make life easier for the portal users, I want to avoid people logging
twice, eg. first in my portal and then in IMP.
Ideally, once in the portal, by clicking on the appropriate link or button, you
would open your IMP session transparently. For this to work, I have to find a
way to communicate the IMAP l/p to be used to IMP. Of course, the portal has
IMAP l/p corresponding to the current user in the database.

I am currently tying to make my portal and IMP use the same php session, so
both can exchange values easily. The whole session would be entirely managed by
my portal, not by IMP anymore (so no more session_destroy() on Horde/IMP code
after modifs).
My problem now is to find the best way to bypass IMP login page and to load l/p
in the good IMP variables from $_SESSION. That's where I am. Also, in which IMP
variables are l/p recorded ?

I did not found anything revelant in the FAQ, however I tought it was a good
idea to expose my project to you.
What do you thing about that ?
Do you see any kind of security lack ?
Do you have a better suggestion or any comments to do ?
Any critic will be fully accepted, I wrote this message for that ;)

Sincerely,

Leo.