[imp] GSSAPI and IMP-3.2.{1,2}

Leonard R Smith II lrsmith at umich.edu
Wed Aug 27 18:13:16 PDT 2003

To all,

I am trying to configure IMP-3.2.2 to authenticate against a Cyrus IMAP
2.1.12 server running on Solaris 8 with PHP 4.3.2. The Cyrus IMAP
server support GSSAPI, K4, and plaintext auth.

Kerberos 5 support is enabled with PHP and the IMAP c-client also supports
K5 and I've verified this with other utilties. Using the test.php that
comes with IMP I get the following below.

server="foo.lsa.umich.edu" user="lrsmith"
mailbox="{foo.lsa.umich.edu:143/imap/notls}INBOX"

array(2) {
  [0]=> string(72) "No credentials cache found (try running kinit) for foo.lsa.umich.edu"
  [1]=> string(67) "Can not authenticate to IMAP server: Client canceled authentication"
}

	I also never seen an attempted connection logged on the email
server so it failing before the connection is fully eastablish.

I am not too familiar with PHP and how handles kerberos tickets yet,
but the K4 authentication worked out of the box. I am working my
way through the source code but I also thought I would ask the list for
any help and feedback.

				Thanks,
					Len