[imp] imap server depending on user

Francesco Gringoli francesco.gringoli at ing.unibs.it
Wed Sep 3 03:46:08 PDT 2003

Hi all,

could it be possible  to have server settings depending on the username
that logs in? (server address, port an folder and so on)
I do not mean a user which choose the server on the login screen.
Suppose, instead, that users cannot choose the server at all...
They do not know anything about the server but some
users are on a server, others on another server, some users
rely on a Cyrus imap server, the others on a classic imapd
(so IMP has  to deal with different "folder" settings).
Some users access shared email boxes, others no, and so on

I found that a simple way to do this is to move the code that set the
server from
"login.php" to "redirect.php". Has anyone already do the same?

I question: WHY this piece of code was first put in "login.php"?
Is not better to have some settings depending on the username?
Imp could make decisions about this settings taking data
from a ldap database after the user is known.

Thanks, bye
Francesco Gringoli